Our carefully designed Therapeutic Wellness Retreats will be tailored to your need. Regardless of current your health status or age is these retreats can help lead you into the direction of optimal health. Your health condition will be assessed by a senior Yoga teacher and an individualised programme will be created to suit your personal needs.Our Therapeutic Wellness Retreats have been designed to facilitate holistic health and optimum well-being. A unique and exquisite combination of ancient and modern healing traditions including Yoga and Ayurveda, our healing retreats will rejuvenate you at the level of body, mind and soul.
Specially designed Yoga practices with breath work (pranayama) together with psycho-emotional well-being guidance will be offered to you for the upliftment of your whole being on the level of body, mind and soul.
Our retreat leaders are fully equipped to facilitate your healing journey. Some conditions we can relieve through Yoga, whilst for others we can offer you some relief and stronger immunity to prevent the further spread of disease.
We draw from a range of various Yoga disciplines, though primarily Hatha Yoga. We will also advise on Vinyasa and Ashtanga practices where appropriate. The whole purpose of Yoga is freedom from disease and sukham ( which literally translates as ‘good space’) in comparison to dukkha ( which literally translates as ‘bad space’).
Therapeutic Wellness Retreats are conducted for 3 weeks
$ 1000 USD
- Private rooms with attached bathrooms
- Shared twin rooms with attached bathrooms
- Full hot water supply
- Some of our rooms have balconies with views of the Himalayan foothills
- Clean and spacious
- Heating will be provided during the winter months if required
|05:30 a.m - 06:00 a.m||Wake Up|
|06:00 a.m - 06:30 a.m||Mantra Chanting|
|07:00 a.m - 07:30 a.m||Shatkarma and breathing Body Movement|
|07:30 a.m - 08:00 a.m||Herbal Tea or Juices|
|08:00 a.m - 09:30 a.m||Sound Healing / Reiki Healing|
|09:30 a.m - 10:30 a.m||Satvik Breakfast|
|10:30 a.m - 12:30 p.m||Vedic Astrology classes|
|01:00 p.m - 02:00 p.m||Yogic Lunch|
|04:30 p.m - 06:00 p.m||Hatha Yoga Classes (Beginners and Intermediate)|
|06:30 p.m - 07:30 p.m||Nature Walk|
|08:00 p.m - 09:00 p.m||Dinner with Group Discussion (Bonfire)|
|09:30 p.m||Lights Out|
- Specialised diet according to your needs. Proper diet is essential for healing and our diets can be catered according to the individual though they will be vegetarian only
- Continuous one to one consultations and follow ups with our professionally trained yoga therapists
- Counselling sessions to asses whether the mind is contributing to the disease for the mind is often a the root of many a disease according to Ayurveda.
- Advice on how to change your mind and thinking patters and belief systems
- Although there are in fact 8,400,000 asanas to choose from, Anadi School will pick only those asanas that are relevant to your condition
- Yoga therapy will be practiced by choosing asanas appropriate to your condition.
- Pranayama will be taught in an individualised manner so that you can find the most healing pranayama for you. Not all pranayama are suitable for all. Anaid school Yoga therapists with their years of professional experience are able to choose the best pranayama for you.
- Meditation will be an integral part of this retreat, however, not all meditations are good for all. As the saying goes ‘ one man’s food is another man’s poison’ so we at Anadi will find the most appropriate pranayama for you
- We will offer you cleansing processes based on Ayurveda for deeper detoxification and again these will be chosen according to your condition.
- Sound healing will be an integral part of our program as sound has the capacity to both heal and harm the human organism. Ancient tried and tested sounds in the form of mantras will be used to facilitate your healing
- We also bring to you special fire sacrifices (Yagnas) which are renowned by the ancients for their therapeutic properties.
- Reiki healing, an ancient form of non-invasive healing originating from Japan will also be offered
- Healing based on medical astrology; a consultation with a Vedic astrologer will be arranged for each participant to assess the effects of the planets upon the individual and provide suitable remedies for optimal wellness
- Periods of silence will be incorporated to enable complete rest of body-mind-soul and initiate a deeper healing
- Excursions once a week will also be incorporated into the schedule giving you time to refresh your senses and mind with new stimuli and learn about the local culture. Excursions will include visits to places of natural beauty, historical significance and other places of spiritual significance.
Please note that even if you don’t have a health condition, this retreat can still be useful for you as it increases immunity and enhances wellness. Wellness is not just a state of being free from disease but also a state of joy and freedom and increased immunity to prevent the onset of disease at a later stage.
Therapeutic retreats often require the use of props to enable you to expand your physical body to spaces you have not been able to do so before. Although the use of props is often controversial we at Anadi school feel from our years of experience that props can guide the natural body intelligence to new states from which it can learn itself. We believe that the human organism has a natural intelligence beyond what we can imagine; it is after all a creation of a higher power and that higher power can indeed do miracles where the mind and body and breath are in unity.
Yoga is after all the the unity of mind-body-spirit and when this happens, well-being and immunity follows. We can be sure that if you sign up for our Therapeutic Wellness Retreats, your state of well-being will improve in leaps and bounds. However, we cannot do all the work for you and we encourage you to be as receptive and trusting as you can to the guidance of our yoga therapists: it is only then that you will reap maximum benefits. By benefits, we don’t just mean those attained at the retreat but those that can be sustained when you go back home to your regular life. The guidance and practices need to be continued and incorporated into your lifestyle for maximum benefits. This is the case for anything, to excel at anything one needs continuity and discipline. Hence we help you understand the therapeutic practices we offer in a scientific manner; the more you understand the more likely you are going to be open and enable the experience of the practice to happen.
- Open for men and women alike
- Recommended ages are 18 to 60 though persons outside this age bracket can be considered on a case by case persons
- If you have a prevailing medical condition or are pregnant, the applicant needs to submit his/her medical reports beforehand so that we can assess whether you are medically suitable for Anadi Therapeutic Wellness Retreats. His/Her Medical professional will also need to provide a letter of suitability for the retreat
- No background of Yoga necessary
The retreats have been by and large created by renowned Arvind Gusai , the co-founder of Anadi Yoga Centre who has a master's degree in Yoga Science from Sanskrit Gurukul Vishwavidyalaya, Haridwar. He has been a part of the Ashtanga Vinyasa course given by Mathew Sweeney, a renowned teacher of Mysore. Apart from Mysore, he has also run similar programs in Thailand. He strongly believes that with proper guidance, everyone can achieve whatever they want.
Ask us to know all about yoga course details, our team will get back to you with all relevant information regarding yoga teacher training course.